About the role
KeyNexus is a Silicon Valley backed enterprise key management and storage company. Our clients and partners include the most recognized names in technology, security and internet infrastructure on the planet. We don’t spend our days fixing 20 year old, obsolete application code nobody ever uses. We are building new systems and platforms that hundreds of millions of people will use to protect their privacy and personal information and that is something we are all passionate about. We have a small and distributed team with some of the best talent in the industry and we are looking to expand.
We are seeking a senior java developer to join our development team and work on our internal infrastructure and cloud connected systems. If you enjoy working on new systems and platforms, using the most current development tools and methods, and finding innovative ways of solving problems then you will LOVE this job.
- Design, code, review, and test web services and backend applications in collaboration with other developers, quality assurance, and product
- Participate with planning and design of new services and features
- Stay current with industry trends, techniques and technology
We are looking for self-starters where key capabilities include:
- Experience developing with Java 8
- Experience in deploying and configuring web-based applications
- Proficiency with source code management systems such as Git or Mercurial
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs with JSON and/or XML
- Working knowledge of relational database systems such as MySQL or SQL server
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Able to effectively communicate in both a technical and non-technical manner
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to contribute to the ongoing performance of the team
Nice to have
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or similar cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience with open source Java libraries and Jetty, Guice, Log4j, JUnit 4
- Familiarity with the security industry and willingness to learn
- Experience with JIRA, Slack, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo and/or Git
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent job experience
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The position is available immediately. As our team is distributed, we will consider applicants from both Victoria and elsewhere.